Students will learn how to use and recognize the following page layout tools: contrast, repetition, alignment, and proximity. These are EASY techniques, pulled from The Non-Designer's Design Book by Robin Williams (no, not the actor...).
I like to teach these techniques because they are so simple that, as the title of the book suggest, even non-designers can understand and use them.
The resources below are available to teachers with a premium account. Learn more.
- Lesson Plan and Presentation (PDF)
- Poster Assignment (PDF)
- Assignment Example: proximity (JPG)
- Assignment Example: alignment (JPG)
- Assignment Example: repetition (JPG)
- Assignment Example: contrast (JPG)
- Project: Redesigned poster (PDF)
- Project file (PNG)
- Project file 2 (PNG)
- Test (PDF)
- Test resource (PDF)