Taking pictures every week is important in a photography class...obviously...
Anyway, in this unit, students will learn to take pictures with a variety of techniques and themes.
NOTE: each lesson plan will have an accompanying blog post for students to read here: http://digitalartteacher.com/blog. I'll be adding a new article every week throughout the fall semester of 2017.
The resources below are available to teachers with a premium account. Learn more.
- Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Project Outline (PDF)
- Week 2 Example for Avoiding Mergers (JPEG)
- Week 2 Example for Balance (JPEG)
- Week 2 Example for Framing (JPEG)
- Week 2 Example for Simplicity (JPEG)
- Week 2 Example for Rule of Thirds (JPEG)
- Week 3 Example of Birds Eye View
- Week 3 Example of Eye Level
- Week 3 Example of Worms Eye View
- Week 4 Example of Good White Balance
- Week 6 Example of Diagonal Line
- Week 6 Example of Vertical Line
- Week 9 Example of Deep DOF
- Week 9 Example of Shallow DOF
- Week 11 Example of High Contrast
- Week 11 Example of Low Contrast
- Week 12 Example of Pattern
- Week 13 Example of Texture
- Grade Sheet (PDF)